May 22, 2008

Pleasant Surprise...

Hi everyone,

As I was going through some of the hundreds of data CD's and DVD's that populate my workspace at home, I found a DVD that had a backup of all the pictures we took while Henok was here for his first trip to America!

I don't even remember making a backup of these pictures, but thank God I did. We were sure that these memories were lost forever because of our computers that were stolen back in March.
We are so grateful to God that we have these pictures back, and very happy! Once again, all praise and glory to our Father and God!

Henok just finished up his first season of Soccer. They did really well. Henok scored 5 goals in the last 3 games and we were very proud and excited for him! He is looking forward to the next season already, and Renee and I are looking forward to some nice rest from the 4 nights a week soccer schedule we were one for the last 2 months... ;)

Otherwise, all is well and we are doing good. We had our first post-placement meeting about 2 weeks and that went well... Henok is growing at a very good rate. He's up to 75 lbs, and plans on consuming mass quantities of Hamburgers this Summer so he can be even bigger for the Fall soccer league... ;)

Well, I'll wrap it up for now and say goodbye.

In His Service,

Matthew

4 comments:

Sparkz said...

It's great to have the updates! I always check to see whats going on with you guys and I am VERY glad you found pictures/video! Glad we got to talk the other day, I can't wait to see the Ethiopia info!

Sparkz said...

So are there any new updates?!?

toddran said...

Hey Matt,

Todd Randolph, PNG class of 89. Not sure if you remember me, but I saw your blog on the PNG alumni site and wanted to check it out. Congratulations on your adoption. My wife and I recently completed an adoption ourselves over in Russia. he is a wonderful little boy, his name is Weston, that we have been truly blessed with. Hope all goes well for you and your family and Henok as well and maybe we will get to meet your family at the reunion.

Wolfemom said...

Matthew, That is so awesome that you had a back up.. so memories are not lost for Henok! Glad to hear it is going so well for all of you. God is good! Best, Kathy