March 31, 2008

Learning the Ropes

Hi Everyone,

Well, I took a bit of time off from the blogging to enjoy having Henok home. I'm sorry I haven't posted any pictures or videos from our trip, but time on the computer has been very limited since we returned.

Henok is doing very well and is adjusting to his new surroundings and learning the ropes of being a normal kid. His English skills have grown exponentially since we returned. He already had a very good vocabulary, but he is easily 10x where he was before we got home.

We are currently home-schooling Henok and that is going well. He is learning so much. We are thinking about enrolling him in a local christian private school for some "enrichment' type classes; computers, spanish, physical education, music, etc... For now, it would only be a few days a week in the afternoon to help get him used to being around other kids. He does very well at adjusting so I don't think there will be any problems with that.

He is playing soccer with a team here locally, along with 3 other Ethiopian children that were adopted at the same time. It's amazing how athletic these kids are. They run circles around the other kids and they love every minute of it.

I really will try to put some pics and maybe some video up from our trip, but no promises.. ;)
Take care and check back soon for more updates.

In Christ,

Matthew

3 comments:

Bettina said...

So great to hear he is doing well! Please say Hello and send my love to Henok!! Oh and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :)

Lindsey and Cortney said...

I would love to talk with you. We are in the process of adopting our 8 yr old daughter from Ethiopia. There are some things that you just can't get out of a book. If you don't mind please email me.
lindseyrx@gmail.com
Lindsey

Sparkz said...

I am glad you got to post. I always wonder how you guys are doing so it was good to have an update!